Terms of Sale
Payment to Artists
Artists receive 100% of the sale price of each artwork.
All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
Duties and Taxes
The Torch sells artwork on behalf of the artists in our program. Therefore, artworks sold are Goods and Services Tax (GST) exempt. When shipping paintings overseas, the purchaser is liable for any duties or taxes payable specific to the country of import.
We support credit/debit card payments (Mastercard, Visa, AMEX) and direct bank transfers (domestic as well as international). Credit cards incur a 1.75% + 30 cents (2.9% + 30 cents for international cards) credit card transaction fee. All prices are in Australian Dollars.
- At this time we are unable to offer pick up from The Torch so we are offering local buyers within a 15km of St Kilda a $40 flat delivery fee till August 20th 2020 (2-3 timeframe for stretched works 4-6 timeframe for unstretched artworks)
- Pick up is available from our partner Melbourne Road Art & Canvas Stretching, 332 Melbourne Rd, Newport. Mon – Fri 10am – 5:00pm Sat 11am – 5:00pm
- For all other locations art courier costs are calculated by size and location, after your order is submitted. Shipping costs for artworks starts at $160 to regional Victoria and $140-$200 to other capital cities.
- Paintings can be sent unstretched in a postage tube; prices are set for Australian ($15) and International customers ($50).
- Please provide a street address for delivery by courier during business hours.
- We can safely crate artworks for shipping overseas.
- Small items such as scarves and books are sent via registered Australia Post.
Allow 2-4 weeks shipping for Australian buyers and 6-8 weeks shipping for International buyers.
We understand that some customers prefer to see an artwork in person before purchasing. During the current COVID-19 restrictions, we are pleased to offer free returns for addresses within a 35km radius of Melbourne CBD. Simply notify us within 48 hours of receiving your artwork of your intention to return. We do not accept returns for artworks delivered beyond this radius.
The Torch respects the intellectual property rights of our Indigenous artists.
It is illegal under Australian copyright law to reproduce images or text without permission of the copyright owner.
Copyright of the artworks and the associated stories shown on this website remain with the artist.
Artworks may be viewed and downloaded only for the purposes of buyer browsing. Users are permitted to reproduce a single copy for personal or educational purposes. Users may not make additional copies or distribute or upload copies of artwork from this website without written permission from The Torch.
The Torch manages copyright and licensing of artworks made through The Torch program, refer to our page on Licensing for more information on this.
All textual content and photographs on this website are copyright of The Torch unless otherwise stated.